Dec 2, 2011

XIV


Cut up a twin and twinkle some
Of the best weather your county has ever seen.
The instrumentals there are great & I would wear
A trench-coat lined with radios to find a frequency
That best fit the rhythm quietly pulsing a little faster
Now around the dark side of your jugular

I am as close as I can be
The bottle full up with homecomings has slept
On my desk but your pictures have
Been asleep longer & the vines between my teeth
Are begging for you to notice them

Tell me I am a mess & broom my broken
Brilliant milliseconds under the old bear rug.
I’m trying to be meant for teamwork, a dueling
Of likeness & you might be used to this by now
But the sound of owls still gets to me
So what am I supposed to think when all of a sudden

Your breath in air thinner, the rope above
Won’t even matter anymore and we will
Forget to look up, the spines of books
Turned sideways to better collect the skin we shed,
Looking peripheral at the skyline of a city
I would rather not remind myself you remain the chest of

No comments:

Post a Comment