Dec 16, 2011


On Your Porch


Weathered and here
I am, mining your sea floors
for farther parts

of wings and kidneys:
vestigial parts when
all I need are arms,

the coif of your neck.
A freefall into bedlam,
I swear I am inside it.

Ready or not I swear you
won’t writhe away from me.
You are no overblown wolf.

Like I said, been mining
for emeralds or your eyes,
a way to make you tremble.

The lawn feels damp
these few days, I been collecting
dew, building a better cocoon.

caved like Chile
I am, trying the back door,
 here where vultures wait

for men like me to fall
in love with breakers
like you, icebergs

that ruin the biggest boats,
the unsinkable nature
of promise & regardless

I’m outside, now, caving.
I’ll tear down the damn fence
now olly olly oxen free.

No comments:

Post a Comment