Dec 2, 2011

walking just behind the most beautiful girl who is holding hands with someone else.

dance a piano key & nudge
one eye shut, the winking of the moon
amid your radiance tonight
is too much for me to handle

i can't sleep without them.
the stars, i mean, not your legs
not the chill of another set of skin
to stretch myself over & let vapor

the heat of friction between want & need,
between around and not so much.
your eyes match your sweater, can i touch
your nether continents? kiss me stupid

or awake, or to bed, let me suckle
your heart valves. i wrote you poetry
on the inside of my ankles, a sonnet
without a volta. sort of unchanging,

my want for you like the steadiness
of my irregular pulse when you get just close
enough to inhale. my want like moonlight,
not illuminating enough down here to show you

No comments:

Post a Comment